Saturday, March 5, 2011

Great Grandma's Death - Funeral Processions

Today was the burial for my deceased great-grandmother and I was one of the lead pallbearers (my cousin, Patrick, was the other lead pallbearer); luckily, we didn't have to carry  it or it'll be quite heavy. So when we delivered the casket to the cemetery (Kensico Cemetery), the fleet of 10 cars constantly blocked the traffic to ensure a smooth transition for the train of cars. It looked like an action movie - very cool. Unfortunately, we weren't the only funeral fleet arriving at that cemetery and our fleet of cars were so long that it extended from one highway exit to the next while in motion. And so, the casket was buried. We threw the flowers into the grave and they buried it and the end. Shockingly though, the snow there didn't melt yet and the ground was VERY mushy, coating my shoes in brown mud. But all was good on my way back to Chinatown for a large family lunch where we ate a HUGE lunch of ~10 massive dishes. I took some photos of it but they unfortunately got corrupted without me noticing and deleted themselves. Well, at least I shot some photos on the highway back the the city:


Picture of the Frozen Lake


A Steel Arch Bridge


A Closer View of the Arch




Sammy (Samantha) is girl facing camera on left
Patrick is the young guy on the left side where I took a side shot
Too bad we didn't have a group photo because I really wanted a photo with me and Sammy in it for the memories. Oh well. At least I can add her on facebook (and I also just learned that she's born in Vietnam and that her real name is Samantha Vo). Too bad this was a bad picture where she frowned, since her smiles are really pretty. That was pretty much my day today. BOOORING (but at least somewhat interesting).

No comments:

Post a Comment